Travel theme: Primary Colours

I took a photo this morning of some squash I picked from the garden…

ailsa prideaux-mooney, gardening, patty pan squash

…and it gave me the inspiration for this week’s travel theme, so here are some more travel photos in the primary colours of red, blue and yellow, starting off with some very red stairs in Seattle’s central library.

seattle public library, architecture, travel, photography, ailsa prideaux-mooney. Rem Koolhaas

The red rocks of Utah in Zion National Park.

red zion national park utah

A vibrant red cardinal in a snowy Central Park.

red cardinal central park new york snow manhattan

Blue arches adorn a London street at Christmastime.

blue christmas london

Funky blue trees with an ecological message in downtown Seattle.

blue trees, westlake center, seattle, Konstantin Dimopoulos, travel, art, photography, ailsa prideaux-mooney, travelogue

The soft, dreamy blues of Kailua Bay in Hawaii.

hawaii, oahu, ailsa prideaux-mooney, travel

Back in Seattle’s Central Library for a burst of yellow (seriously, if you’re in Seattle, make a point of visiting, it’s an incredible building).

Yellow painted eggs decorate a May tree to celebrate Beltane in Ireland.

may bush, may bough, irish traditions, irish customs, travel, travelogue, ailsa prideaux-mooney, beltane, la beltaine

A host of golden daffodils trying to muscle in on Skagit Valley’s Tulip Festival.

skagit valley, tulip festival, tulips, flowers, nature, travel, photography, ailsa prideaux-mooney, washington tulip festival, roozengaarde

Have you got any ravishing reds, baby blues or mellow yellows to share for this week’s travel theme? If you would like to join in (everyone’s welcome!) here’s what to do:

• Create your own post and title it Travel theme: Primary Colours
  • Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
  • Watch out for the next travel theme which will come out next weekend
  • Don’t forget to subscribe to keep up to date on the latest weekly travel themes. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.

❤ Ailsa

I’ll leave you with a photo that contains all three primary colours in two rather fabulous parrots I spotted in Guatemala.

parrots antigua guatemala casa santo domingo

If one says ‘red’ – the name of color – and there are fifty people listening, it can be expected that there will be fifty reds in their minds. And one can be sure that all these reds will be very different. – Josef Albers

If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue. – Paul Gauguin

How lovely yellow is! It stands for the sun. – Vincent van Gogh

Advertisements

About ailsapm

Hi there! I’m Ailsa Prideaux-Mooney. I’ve lived in many places, and travelled to many more. I had a lot of fun getting there and being there, wherever there happened to be at the time. I climbed a castle wall in Czesky Krumlov, abseiled down cliffs to go caving in the west of Ireland, slept on the beach in Paros, got chased by a swarm of bees in Vourvourou (ok that wasn’t fun, but it was exciting), learned flower arranging in Tokyo, found myself in the middle of a riot in Seoul, learned to snowboard in Salzburg, got lost in a labyrinth in Budapest and had my ice cream stolen by a gull in Cornwall. And I’m just getting started. If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve read so far, I’d love you to follow my travelogue - wheresmybackpack.com - and remember, anyone who tries to tell you it’s a small world hasn’t tried to see it all.
This entry was posted in Photography, Travel, Weekly Travel Themes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Travel theme: Primary Colours

1. aj vosse says:

Great! The basis of it all… love those birds! Somehow I get the impression you’re just as colourful! 😉

2. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours – Ladyleemanila

3. Tish Farrell says:

Primary colours – they are just so cheering and I’m very impressed by Seattle’s library. Strikingly vibrant photos, Ailsa.

4. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours – Roaming Urban Gypsy

5. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours – All About Writing and more

6. Pingback: Primary Colours |

7. Pingback: Travel Theme: Primary Colours – The New 3 Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect

8. 76sanfermo says:

Great collection ….

9. Sue says:

Oooh, off to find a primary colour or two, Ailsa!

10. Pingback: Lady of Stavoren – Geriatri'x' Fotogallery

11. Eye catching, thanks for sharing.

12. Pingback: National underpants – Travel with Intent

13. Debbie Smyth says:

I always enjoy a colourful theme, and you’ve shown the colours off wonderfully here Ailsa.
    Here are mine: https://travelwithintent.com/2017/08/01/national-underpants/

14. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours | A Day In The Life

15. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours – Cee's Photography

16. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours | Leya

17. Leya says:

Great gallery of colours, Ailsa! That Seattle library is really something…! http://wp.me/p1hCI2-8zT

18. Pingback: Primary Colours… | Ouch!! My back hurts!!

19. Pingback: 213/365 – Primary Colors | Shoot 'N Go

20. Pingback: Wanderlust and Wonderment

21. amoralegria says:

Beautiful examples of red, yellow and blue! Here are mine: http://amoralegria.com/2017/08/02/101327/

22. Alan H says:

Not sure how I got to this site but really glad I did.There are some really vivid and stunning pictures so decided to join in.
    Off now to look at the other posts and your previous travel themes.

23. Pingback: Travel Theme: Primary Colours | Travelrat's Travels

24. Hammad Rais says:

All are lovely but if I have to pick just one, then it would be The Red Rocks of Utah.
    So amazing it looks 🙂

25. Pingback: Where’s my backpack-Travel theme: Primary Colours – Alan's History and Genealogy Spot

26. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours | nowathome

27. Pingback: Travel Theme: Primary Colours | Middleton Road

28. Pingback: Travel Theme-Primary-Colours – WoollyMuses

29. Pingback: Primary Colours | WordsVisual

30. Pingback: Primarily speaking – Beyond the Brush

31. Pingback: Travel theme: Primary Colours – Tvor Travels

32. artemisa99 says:

Loved this post so much!

33. Pingback: Travel Theme: Primary colours | terppsicore