Travel theme: Storm

Here in Ireland we are hunkering down waiting for Ophelia to make landfall, so I’m going with a stormy theme this week, starting off with this shot of a storm moving in over Jamaica Bay Wildlife Reserve in New York.

jamaica bay, new york, travel, travelogue, photography, ailsa prideaux-mooney

The daily Xocomil windstorm starting to kick off over Lake Atitlan in Guatemala.

Sandstorm at Coney Island.

coney island, new york, travel, travelog

Rainstorm over the Cascades.

north cascades loop, leavenworth, washington, Stevens Pass, travel, travelogue, Ailsa Prideaux-Mooney, Columbia River

Do you fancy kicking up a storm with your own version of this week’s theme? If you would like to join in (everyone’s welcome!) here’s what to do:

• Create your own post and title it Travel theme: Storm
  • Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
  • Watch out for the next travel theme which will come out next weekend
  • Don’t forget to subscribe to keep up to date on the latest weekly travel themes. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.

❤ Ailsa

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. – John Muir

Disappointments are to the soul what a thunderstorm is to the air. – Friedrich Schiller

Advertisements

About ailsapm

Hi there! I’m Ailsa Prideaux-Mooney. I’ve lived in many places, and travelled to many more. I had a lot of fun getting there and being there, wherever there happened to be at the time. I climbed a castle wall in Czesky Krumlov, abseiled down cliffs to go caving in the west of Ireland, slept on the beach in Paros, got chased by a swarm of bees in Vourvourou (ok that wasn’t fun, but it was exciting), learned flower arranging in Tokyo, found myself in the middle of a riot in Seoul, learned to snowboard in Salzburg, got lost in a labyrinth in Budapest and had my ice cream stolen by a gull in Cornwall. And I’m just getting started. If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve read so far, I’d love you to follow my travelogue - wheresmybackpack.com - and remember, anyone who tries to tell you it’s a small world hasn’t tried to see it all.
This entry was posted in Photography, Travel, Weekly Travel Themes and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Travel theme: Storm

1. Pingback: Travel Theme: Storm – Tvor Travels

2. Whoever heard of a hurricane in your parts of the world!? Stay safe….

3. Pingback: Travel Theme: Storm Coming In | Albatz Travel Adventures

4. pommepal says:

The world weather has gone crazy, just had 223mm of torrential rain in 24 hours in the hinterland behind us. 3 times more than the October average

5. aj vosse says:

Stay safe! Yep… something we can say we lived through… a one in a lifetime event!
    Hope you get great photos but do stay SAFE!! 😉

• ailsapm says:

I went out earlier for a sand-blasted walk on the beach, but am now back indoors, showered, in my jammies with a turf fire and a bottle of wine. 🙂 Stay safe yourself Vossie. See you on the other side! ❤

• aj vosse says:

A turf fire, a bottle of wine… you need a book!! (I can offer a suggestion..) 😉
        Yep! All well here so far! I’ve been tweeting pictures for a few hours… recording the event!
        👍📷🍷🍃🌬️📕😃

6. Pingback: Monday Mayhem! | Ouch!! My back hurts!!

7. Pingback: La France Profonde | WordsVisual

8. Sue says:

Here’s mine, Ailsa, After the Storm: https://suejudd.com/2017/10/16/la-france-profonde/
    Stay safe today

9. I like your photos for this week. I shared on Twitter 🙂 Stay safe!

10. Olga says:

Hi Ailsa. Loved the colors in the first photo. That green cloud looks very ominous. Hope it’s okay if I share two photos of storms in our area. I guess I’ve been lucky and have never met a bad storm in my travels. https://odaciuk.wordpress.com/2017/10/16/travel-theme-storm/

11. Miriam says:

Wow, stay safe Ailsa. I should have a stormy post to you by tonight.

12. Pingback: Storm Ophelia.. She Came, She Conquered! | Ouch!! My back hurts!!

13. Pingback: Travel theme: Storm | Netdancer's Musings

14. Pingback: After the Storm – Out an' About

15. Pingback: Travel Theme-Storm – WoollyMuses

16. Pingback: The Calm… After The Storm! | Ouch!! My back hurts!!

17. bushboy says:

Hi Ailsa Hope the storm didn’t cause too much damage and you are safe.
    Here are a few storm photos from Australia

18. Pingback: Breathtaking Kaniku Lava Flow Sunset, Hawaii Big Island | Jaspa's Journal

19. Jaspa says:

Storms at sunset over Hawaii’s Mauna Kea can result in beautiful rainbows, Ailsa: http://bit.ly/Kaniku

20. Pingback: Travel theme: Storm – Figments of a DuTchess

21. A warm hearth, good companions and a glass of wine, while the wind howls outside. Life could get worse. Did the storm cause much damage in your region, Ailsa?
    That sand storm seems mighty strong, great photo!
    Here’s mine: https://figmentsofadutchess.com/2017/10/19/travel-theme-storm/
    Have a calm week(end), dear.

22. mukhamani says:

The beach in the third photo looks so different . Nice photos.

23. Pingback: Peroulia Dreaming 8 ~ Greece Out Of Sync – Tish Farrell

24. Tish Farrell says:

Storms all over the place just now, Ailsa, and many with such tragic consequences. Here’s my Greek storm, one that has a very excellent outcome:

25. Pingback: After the storm – Travel with Intent

26. Debbie Smyth says:

A great theme given the crazy weather we’ve had all over the world this year. Tragic for all of us, as it will only increase unless we make huge changes.
    That aside, here is my fairly positive (colourful at least) contribution: https://travelwithintent.com/2017/10/21/typhoon-doksuri-vietnam-after-the-storm/

27. Pingback: Travel Theme: Storm | Musin' With Susan