Travel theme: Decadent

I have of late been revelling in the decadence of growing my own herbs. The abundance of fresh green bunches of flavour means I can add them to any dish on a whim, with reckless abandon.

herbs, herb garden, ailsa prideaux-mooney

Carrying on the theme of decadence, here are some decadent moments from my travels, starting with an over-the-top dessert in Seattle, frozen cheesecake on a stick, dipped in chocolate and coated in sprinkles. I put on four pounds just typing that last sentence.

frozen cheesecake, bite of seattle, seattle center, travel, photography, food, ailsa prideaux-mooney

Old school chocolate, Guatemalan style, the kind you break up to make a hot drink of unfathomable mystery.

An abandoned wine glass by the Bellagio fountain in the capital of decadence, Las Vegas.

bellagio las vegas desert night glow us road trip usa america driving

Decadence from a bygone era, some ancient perfume bottles at the Farina Haus, home of the original, delectable Eau de Cologne.

original eau de cologne, haus farina, 4711, perfume, history of perfume, travel, travelogue, ailsa prideaux-mooney

Are you ready to  break out your most decadent photos? If you would like to join in this week’s travel theme with your own interpretation of what you hold precious (everyone’s welcome!) here’s what to do:

• Create your own post and title it Travel theme: Decadent
  • Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
  • Watch out for the next travel theme which will come out next weekend
  • Don’t forget to subscribe to keep up to date on the latest weekly travel themes. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.

❤ Ailsa

As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too. Words are used to disguise, not to illuminate, action: you liberate a city by destroying it. Words are to confuse, so that at election time people will solemnly vote against their own interests. – Gore Vidal

On my 50th birthday in 2005, my discount-wielding AARP card came in the mail. I hurled it in the trash, put on something fabulous, and had a decadent meal. Just the thought of putting it in my wallet felt like a concession. – Iman

Advertisements

About ailsapm

Hi there! I’m Ailsa Prideaux-Mooney. I’ve lived in many places, and travelled to many more. I had a lot of fun getting there and being there, wherever there happened to be at the time. I climbed a castle wall in Czesky Krumlov, abseiled down cliffs to go caving in the west of Ireland, slept on the beach in Paros, got chased by a swarm of bees in Vourvourou (ok that wasn’t fun, but it was exciting), learned flower arranging in Tokyo, found myself in the middle of a riot in Seoul, learned to snowboard in Salzburg, got lost in a labyrinth in Budapest and had my ice cream stolen by a gull in Cornwall. And I’m just getting started. If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve read so far, I’d love you to follow my travelogue - wheresmybackpack.com - and remember, anyone who tries to tell you it’s a small world hasn’t tried to see it all.
This entry was posted in Photography, Travel, Weekly Travel Themes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Travel theme: Decadent

1. aj vosse says:

Vote against their own interests… now that’s decadent… or is it??
    Love your herds… you got plants you want to be rid of? I’ll buy!! Now there’s a thought… maybe we can share in your decadence!! 😉 😛 😈 😛 😉

2. Sue says:

Ah, that’s a good one…..I’ll have to think a bit!

3. Pingback: Travel theme: Decadent – Field Notes From Over The Hill

4. Leya says:

Ooooh, some thinking needs to be done…

5. Pingback: Travel theme: Decadent | Leya

6. Leya says:

Love that Guatemalan style chocolate…but as I amnot a decadent person (…..) I thought I would never come up with something…but here it is! http://wp.me/p1hCI2-8mc

7. Pingback: Travel theme: Decadent | Netdancer's Musings

8. Pingback: Travel theme: Decadent – All About Writing and more

9. Pingback: Travel theme: Decadent – Ladyleemanila

10. Pingback: Travel Thema Dekadent - eine Herausforderung - Bambooblog

11. Ulrike says:

Thank you for this special challenge! I enjoyed thinking about the theme and finding the right pic for it!
    Best regards
    Ulrike

12. Pingback: Travel Theme: Decadent | Travelrat's Travels

13. travelrat says:

Tried to find some photos to illustrate ‘decadent’ … most of them include eating! And, there had to be chocolate in there somewhere! 😀 https://travelrat.wordpress.com/2017/06/13/travel-theme-decadent/

14. Pingback: Travel theme: Decadent – Roaming Urban Gypsy

15. Pingback: Travel Theme-Decadent – WoollyMuses

16. Susann, The Biveros Effect says:

Oh, decandence is such a fun topic, here is my contribution:

17. Pingback: Sam’s Ses Challenge #20: Sweet | Jaspa's Journal

18. Jaspa says:

If you want decadence, Ailsa, try the desserts in Naples! http://bit.ly/SSC20-Sweet

19. Pingback: Weekly Travel Theme: Decadent – Justine Taylor Photography

20. Helene Choo says:

Wow, great photos and posts! Your blog is so unique:) if you have a moment, please take a look at mine: http://helenechoo.com